Thursday 1 April 2010

Arrived in Brazil


Saying goodbye to friends at Rio airport.

I'm at an Internet cafe in Maceió, Brazil having completed my first week of portugues school and thought I'd get around to blogging a few thoughts.
I left Sydney, Australia on Saturday 20th March 2010. It had been a busy week getting things in order before leaving, so it was nice to be able spend a few days with my Dad in Auckland before embarking on my big trip to Brazil. I left Auckland on 23rd March. As I flew using my frequent flyers they took me the 'scenic route'. From Auckland to Sao Paulo via LA and New York... Not something Id do for a short holiday, but given Ive left my job I figured I have a bit less money and a bit more time on my hands... so why not. I then paid my own way to Rio de Janeiro. A trip of about 40 hours - a personal record.

In Rio, I stayed at my good friend's (Monique) mum's house (the same place I stayed at during my first visit to Brazil last year). It was great to spend a few days catching up with friends there! I plan to go back there later during my trip.

1 comment:

  1. Feel like we're there with you bro...May HE continue to bless you with friendly faces, welcoming homes and safety...The kims

    ReplyDelete