Tuesday 7 December 2010

Healing of deaf girl

Well, I realise that it's been a while since I've written. I've actually met a young lady by the name of Marcele that I've started seeing and hence have extended my stay here in Rio. I've been getting involved in helping at a local favela through a church that I've become involved with and doing some volunteer work like teaching English.

I have something quite amazing to share that just happened earlier this evening.
I was walking on the streets of Rio with Marcele when we bumped into a friend of hers who was with two other women, one of which had her twelve year old daughter with her. The girl was deaf since the age of one and a half years old.

Marcele told the girl's mother that Jesus could heal her of this deafness and commenced praying for her in the name of Jesus. After praying for her for a few minutes, she (while still praying) hugged the girl. As she was doing this tears game into the girl's eyes. Marcele started speaking with the girl and she responded - she could hear! Marcele asked her various questions to which she responded (she couldn't do this when we met her fifteen minutes earlier). I also talked with the girl. Afterwards Marcele walked behind the girl (so that she was out of sight) and called her, she heard and responded by turning her head and smiling - Glory to the Lord Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Aaron, that's amazing! What an awesome miracle! Been thinking of you as we've heard news reports on the mudslides and flooding in Brazil. Praying you are safe and well. God bless you and Marcele! Nicole and Jim

    ReplyDelete