Tuesday 15 June 2010

Pronounciation could do with some work


Lunch time






At the start of the day


I've made some new friends here in Palmas which has been really good. Been playing basketball about once a week too.

It was a holiday here recently, so I went on a trip about an hour out of town with a group of about 12 people - friends that I've made through my friend Angela and the church I've been going to here. We found a good spot to have a picnic (Brazillian barbecue) which was really good. There was some great views and a nice lake for to go for a swim.

On the way back in the car, I asked one of the girls if she had any brothers. She asked me if she told me would I remember. I thought this was a bit of a strange response and said that I would. Then before I knew what was happening she started rattling off her email address. The word for "siblings" in Portuguese "irmãos". Which (the way I said it) sounds like email. Oh well, I was planning on asking her for her email address anyway...

Anyway, its my last week here in Palmas. I'm off to Florianópolis (Floripa) - which is in the south of Brazil - this Saturday. I don't know anyone there yet, but I've enrolled in yet another Portuguese school there who have organised a homestay for me. I plan to be there for at least four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment